[mythtvnz] Fwd: New channels happening from March 21st

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 22 02:52:29 GMT 2022

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:07:20 +1300, you wrote:

>>Is anyone (other than me) using the "Over the air" (EIT) grabber
>>
>>I have been using it successfully for a few years but after a new
>>channel scan today I have not got data for all channels.
>>
>>I did try rerunning mythfilldatabase after a while and got a bit more.
>>
>>Should I just be more patient?

>This is still annoying me.
>
>MythWeb shows this:-
>
>Last mythfilldatabase run started on Tue 22 March, 9:17 AM and ended on
>Tue 22 March, 9:17 AM. Successful.
>Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: Wed 23 March, 9:17 AM.
>There's guide data until 2022-03-29 22:30:00 (8 days).
>
>But I only see some data (on MythWeb, kodi frontends and MythTV frontend)

That status message just looks for the latest dated EPG data anywhere
in the database - it does not check each channel for EPG data.  So it
can be very misleading.

As far as I know, EIT is not an officially supported source of EPG
data for FreeviewHD.  It is possible that the new channels do not have
any EIT EPG being broadcast, if the engineers forgot to set it up.

If you are using EIT for the EPG, you should not be running
mythfilldatabase.  Since mythfilldatabase clearly is running, it may
be where you are actually getting EPG data from, and if it is using
downloaded EPG data, the source may not yet have been reconfigured for
the channel changes.

Run mythtv-setup and see what you have set up under Video sources >
<your source> > Listings grabber.  Does it have EIT selected, or is a
grabber selected?  If it is available, do a right arrow and check if
the "Perform EIT scan" option is selected.  Go the Channel Editor,
select one of the channels not getting EPG data and check if its "Use
'Over-the-Air' programme listings" option is set.