[mythtvnz] New channels happening from March 21st

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Mar 11 08:45:11 GMT 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:53:21 +1300, you wrote:

>https://freeviewnz.tv/ch-changes/[1]
>
>Also some are moving to different channels.

It looks like the new channel scanning code can cope with this sort of
thing now.  I fired up an old v31 on my test machine, upgraded it to
v32 and added a new Sat>IP DVB-T tuner. When I scanned using the new
tuner, it found all the changes that have happened over the last few
years since its last DVB-T scan and updated the existing channels
nicely.  The only anomaly I found was it created a new Te Reo channel
instead of updating the existing one - I can not see any reason for
that.  All the channels that no longer exist got an underscore added
to their channel number (channum), and changed names and callsigns for
the TVNZ channels were all updated correctly.  Breeze TV and TVNZ
DUKE+1 got added.  The record.station fields were not changed that I
could see, but I am not sure if that matters as I think they are not
used now.