[mythtvnz] How to set up a new Grabber

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:48:13 BST 2022

On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 at 16:21, Robert Fisher <robert at fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> I just checked http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/tv_grab_nz-py
>
> And the source file is the same as in the Nicegear one
>
> SOURCES = (
>     'http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz',
> )
>
> So also out of date.
>
> On 28/06/22 16:11, Robert Fisher wrote:
>
> I have, in the past, set up tv_grab_nz-py from nicegear but that is now out of date.
>
> On 28/06/22 15:24, Robert Fisher wrote:
>
> I have given up trying to get 7 days of EIT data on all channels.
>
> (TVNZ have confirmed that it is not in their "spec" to do it)
>
> I have tried to get Stephen's script to work but have not been successful yet (I know next to nothing about programming but I can edit files).
>
> I am wondering if someone could guide me on how to set up a grabber to use an xml file like
>
> https://nzxmltv.com/xmltv/guide.xml
>
> (or any other recommendation)
>
> Thanks, Rob

I run the following in a bash script I've called "updateEPG.sh" on login.

#! /bin/bash
wget https://nzxmltv.com/xmltv/guide.xml
mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile guide.xml
rm guide.xml
exit

Does the job nicely. You do have to match your channel names to those
in the nzxmltv guide.xml file (in mythtv-setup, under channel editor).