[mythtvnz] Recent OS upgrades

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Sat Aug 13 03:56:12 BST 2022

I thought that my recent experiences upgrading my Linuxmint desktop and
my Ubuntu server might give others confidence to do it themselves.

*I upgraded Linuxmint from 20.3 to 21 without any problems simply by*

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt
autoremove

sudo apt install mintupgrade

sudo mintupgrade

*I upgraded Ubuntu Server from 20.04 to 22.04.1 LTS (with only a PHP
problem) by*

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt
autoremove

sudo do-release-upgrade

(Note: it is recommended not to do this over SSH)

Both upgrades automatically updated my PPAs too.