[mythtvnz] No EPG - need temp solution

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Sat Apr 16 00:44:54 BST 2022

I think that after following Stephen's instructions I am nearly there
but I get the following when I run

*journalctl -eu epg*

Apr 16 11:27:27 FishMyth systemd[1]: Started Get MHEG5 EPG for MythTV.
Apr 16 11:27:27 FishMyth bash[4232]: Try 1, running mhegepgsnoop.py now
Apr 16 11:27:27 FishMyth bash[4234]: Options selected =
Namespace(UTC=False, both=True, clean_titles=False,
demux_device='/dev/dvb/adapter0/>
Apr 16 11:27:27 FishMyth bash[4234]: Getting channel info from MythTV
database using Python bindings
Apr 16 11:27:30 FishMyth bash[4234]: Cannot find home directory to write to
Apr 16 11:27:30 FishMyth bash[4234]: Error accessing mythconverg
database using Python bindings.  Exiting.
Apr 16 11:27:30 FishMyth bash[4258]: rm: cannot remove '/tmp/xmltv.xml':
No such file or directory
Apr 16 11:27:30 FishMyth bash[4232]: Warning: mhegepgsnoop failed
(retval=1), retrying after sleep 5m

I suspect that I might need to edit a few files.