[mythtvnz] No EPG, what am i doing wrong

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 7 13:41:14 BST 2022

On Thu, 07 Apr 2022 09:39:48 +0000, you wrote:

>"Stephen Worthington" stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz – 7 April 2022 9:02 PM
>> On Thu, 07 Apr 2022 06:05:32 +0000, you wrote:
>>
>> >I am not in Christchurch, but I have a script that uses hdhomerun_config, mhegepgsnoop and mythfilldatabase that has been reliably producing my EPG from MHEG5 data obtained using HDHomeRuns for years. mhegepgsnoop does need a few minor fixes.
>> >
>> >I can email you my script and the fixed mhegepgsnoop if you want to give that a go.
>>
>> Could you please send me a copy of your mhepgsnoop also - then I can
>> merge your changes into my Python 3 version.

>I have attached full copy of mhegepgsnoop with the changes, a patch and my script.
>
>There are only four pretty minor changes to mhegepgsnoop. These same changes have been successfully made to earlier versions of mhegepgsnoop as well.
>
>My script could definitely do with some tidying up, but it works for me. There are a number of variables in my script that will likely need changing for others to use it, but hopefully it is reasonably self explanatory.

I have put a new version of mhegepgsnoop on my web server:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mhegepgsnoop-0.7.2.py

This has a new option "--hdhr" which makes it compatible with Mike's
script for capturing a .ts file from an HDHomerun tuner and then
getting mhegepgsnoop to read from that file using dvbsnoop.

As I do not have an HDHomerun tuner, this will need testing by someone
who does - please let me know the results.  I have tested it with the
-s option to use dvbsnoop on my DVB-T tuners, and it still works
properly like that.