[mythtvnz] Maori TV EPG data on HD Homerun...

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Oct 4 10:09:46 BST 2021

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 20:39:22 +1300, you wrote:

>> On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 08:35:24 +1300 (NZDT), you wrote:

>I'm also having a 'missing channel' issue but with Duke and mhegepgsnoop.
>
>I've attached my channel map which I use with the '-f' switch as follows:
>mhegepgsnoop-0.6.1.py -d "/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0" -p -z -f
>$HOME/.mhegsnoop/channel_map -t 28 -o $LISTINGS_DVBT
>
>I grab from DVBT and DVBS (using the old epgsnoop) and merge with tv_cat
>but I'm pretty sure its all very out of date as I haven't updated it for
>over 5 years.
>
>Can someone bring me up to date on what I should be scanning for?
>
>Cheers

How out of date are you?  What version of MythTV are you running?  The
current version of mhegepgsnoop is the Python 3 version I did a few
months ago:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mhegepgsnoop-0.7.1.py

MythTV v31 needs Python 3 (unless you compile it yourself with Python
2 support), so most of us who have kept up to date have had to convert
everything to Python 3, and that included mhegepgsnoop if you use its
option to access the MythTV database (-p), which you do.  My version
also has a bug fix for a long standing buffer overflow problem and a
new -b option that tells mhegepgsnoop to use both fuzzy matching and
the channel map (fuzzy matching first).  But it is incompatible with
older MythTV versions using Python 2.

If you want a copy of my mhegepsnoop channel map to compare with, it
is here:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mhegepgsnoop_channel_map.txt

I updated it today (see my other post).  It only has the channels
available on Wharite, and my chosen xmltvid values may differ from
yours.