[mythtvnz] HD HomeRun

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Feb 11 04:41:52 GMT 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 16:24:37 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi all, thanks for all the suggestions and sorry for not replying sooner. It looks like the problem is the power supply, so Caloo Kalay! Kids, pack away the cricket gear, stow the swing ball! Box up the Lego, jigsaws and Snakes and Ladders sets! Forget the lakes, parks and playgrounds! TV will be back!
>
>Soon. Unfortunately my supplier of choice is the Ecostore in Christchurch, and while the range is eclectic, they do not always have exactly what I am after. Don't get me started on inventory control or special orders. I'll head into Jaycar tomorrow.
>
>I am trying to remember what I learned at school about watts and so forth, steam trains spring to mind. But it doesn't help.
>
>The adapter I have has 5.0 V 1.0 A. So I can use any adapter with output of 5 V and 1.0 or greater Amps?

Yes, but it also needs the correct connector and the correct polarity
on that connector.  There should be a polarity note on the label near
where it tells you the voltage and amps.  The Jaycar ones I get
usually come with a set of different connectors, one of which is a
match, and they are reversible to change the polarity.  Take the old
power pack with you and get the Jaycar person to check for you if you
are in doubt - they are usually very helpful.