[mythtvnz] HD Homerun

Don Robertson (don) don at robertson.net.nz
Tue Feb 9 23:37:11 GMT 2021

Well, seems my old SiliconDust HomeRun HDHR3-DT is no more. Appears to have just failed mid recording. I have tried plugging it into another socket and am not getting anything lighting up on the front. Opened it up and don't see anything obvious - other than the lack of spaces between words. How much extra would that have cost? Anyway - no burnt patches or melted bits that I can see.

I will try to get hold of another power supply and test that, but I'm guessing it is gone. Must be getting on for 10 years old.

So, off to the Nice Gear web site and ... oh. Well, Learning Developments 'feel privileged to be able to continue their fantastic product range'. But alas no HD HomeRuns listed on the web site.

Does anyone know where I would get a new one, or if there is a similar product available? I did like not having to install the card and all that hassle, as far as I can tell, the new model of this is only available online, and is over $US200. I can go buy a Panasonic 1TB twin tuner PVR from JB Hifi for that. I have used them and they are pretty hard to use, but .... I could get it today.

Anyway - my Myth backend is a AMD Phenom II X6 1035T with four gigs of DDR3 ram and a 2TB disk for recordings. It won't have USB3. Anyone have any suggestions, they'd be most helpful.

Cheers
--

Don Robertson

021 294 1452