[mythtvnz] How to customise themes

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Sun Nov 17 22:44:57 GMT 2019

I'm trying to make tweaks to an existing MythTV theme, and finding the lack of documentation on the theme API somewhat frustrating. So firstly, anyone know where I can find a good description of the theme interface and how to work it?

As an example, say I wanted to change the label on the main menu that says 'Media Library'.  A search of the theme's directory shows that the text is in menu-ui.xml; I change the entry there, reload the theme, and nothing has changed.  Further searching shows that the text is also in mainmenu.xml in the 'default' theme directory; changing it there does indeed work. So, anyone know why the menu-ui.xml doesn't override the default one, or how to make it do that, or what is the purpose of the menu-ui.xml file if its contents are ignored?