[mythtvnz] Fresh install ubuntu 18.10 Cannot access database

worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 05:21:01 GMT 2019

mythtv-setup on the back end cannot access the database.
`sudo mysqlcheck --all-databases` shows `mythconverg` is installed.
I reran `sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common`and ensured the password is
`mythtv`

```
~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common
~$ mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
```

I think this is some thing to do with the mysql configuration not
letting access happen from localhost, but I can find nothing on interweb
except about resetting passwords....

Worik
--
    If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
              So, here I stand, I can do no other