[mythtvnz] Sky 12546 transponder gone

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Mar 7 02:35:16 GMT 2019

I noticed that my MythTV box has failed to record anything from the
Sky's History channel in the last couple of days, so I did a scan of
all the Sky transponders and there is nothing now being broadcast on
the 12546 frequency where the History channel used to be.  And I can
not find any of the channels that were on 12546 anywhere on any of the
other Sky transponders either.  But my Sky decoder can still play
those channels.

So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where they have moved to? Is
there a new frequency that Sky is using now?  Maybe this is part of
the move to allow everyone to have HD for free, and they have moved to
a new DVB-S2 transponder to be broadcast in HD?  I did do a blind
scan, but could not find any new transponders.  But blind scans need
the right parameters to find things, so it would not have found a new
transponder that was using different settings from the old ones.