[mythtvnz] epg.org.nz

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jul 30 07:22:58 BST 2019

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:50:45 +1200, you wrote:

>Hi Hadley,
>Thanks for your work with this.
>It seems now though that my daily shows like the chase and TVNZ1 news are
>seen as duplicates so show as already recorded.
>
>Robert Fisher

If the EPG source (TVNZ) is providing an ID for each episode, then
MythTV will be using that to decide whether they are duplicates.

I get my EPG from the broadcast MHEG5 data using mhegepgsnoop, and do
postprocessing using xmltv-proc-nz, pretty much the same way the
downloaded EPG is created.  Here is an example of The Chase on TVNZ1
from my EPG:

        <programme channel="tv1.freeviewnz.tv" start="20190806165500
+1200" stop="20190806180000 +1200">
                <title>The Chase</title>
                <desc>With thousands in cash at stake, four strangers
must go head to head with a ruthless quiz genius who’s determined to
send them home with nothing!</desc>
                <episode-num system="dd_progid">10540106</episode-num>
                <subtitles type="teletext" />
                <rating system="Freeview">
                        <value>G</value>
                </rating>
        </programme>

It has a "dd_progid" of 10540106.  In your downloaded EPG, are you
getting that?  If you use the I key on a programme in the list of
recordings or in the Guide, you should see the same number in the
"Programme ID" field.