[mythtvnz] Is it finally time to say goodbye to MythTV

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Tue Sep 18 03:59:34 BST 2018

> Install kodi. Install the pvr.mythtv addon (if it is not included in
> kodi).
> Set the mythtv server details. Job done.
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:55 PM, worik <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 18/09/18 13:07, Craig Blaikie wrote:
>> > Frontend is a Raspberry PI 3B running LibreELEC (KODI) with the MythTV
>> PVR Client addon for Live TV/Recordings.
>> > You can set timers and recording schedules from inside Kodi, but I
>> prefer to use the MythWeb interface.
>>
>> I have had no success using kodi as a frontend.  What methods did you
>> follow?

>> --

I’ve also had little success with KODI and the MythTV plugin.  Android,
Windows and I think Linux variants were all tried but, not in the last few
months.
KODI freezes shortly after the MythTV plugin starts up while doing
something like retrieving recordings and I suspect it’s primarily related
to the number of recordings, or possibly something funny with some of them
as KODI did briefly work after I culled a huge number.

Mark