[mythtvnz] VNC problem after ugrade to Ubuntu 10.04.1

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Wed Sep 5 20:01:55 BST 2018

> What problems were you having in 18.04.1 with x11vnc?
After the upgrade to 18.04.1 x11vnc sessions opened OK but as soon as I
clicked on the "Applications" menu it (the session) died.

A Google search found that many people had various problems and I found
suggestions to change to either vnc4server or tighvncserver.

This howto worked for me (after a "sudo apt purge x11vnc")

https://linuxconfig.org/vnc-server-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux