[mythtvnz] Xorg and Intel HD 630 graphics -- please help!

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Sat Sep 1 03:27:25 BST 2018

I've just changed CPU and motherboard for my MythTV machine, and having no
luck at getting it to output a video signal to the TV.  Anyone else have a
similar set-up to this?

OS is Linux, an Ubuntu derivative.

The graphics card used to happily drive two outputs. I use the DVI output
for console, and the HDMI for the TV.  The old setup was an Asus GT 430
graphics card and it worked fine; with the new Intel HD 630 built-in one
I can only get it to set up one Xorg screen (or none!)

The "Xorg -configure" command fails, complaining about "no devices".
All my attempts at a manual Xorg.conf file produce either a working console,
with no TV output, or nothing at all (hangs during start-up)

We've had no TV to watch for several days, and SWMBO is not very pleased!   :)