[mythtvnz] Xorg and Intel HD 630 graphics -- please help!

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Nov 6 22:45:20 GMT 2018

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 14:27:25 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>I've just changed CPU and motherboard for my MythTV machine, and having
>> no
>>luck at getting it to output a video signal to the TV.  Anyone else have
>>similar set-up to this?
>>
>>OS is Linux, an Ubuntu derivative.
>>
>>The graphics card used to happily drive two outputs. I use the DVI
output for console, and the HDMI for the TV.  The old setup was an Asus
GT 430 graphics card and it worked fine; with the new Intel HD 630
built-in one I can only get it to set up one Xorg screen (or none!)

>>The "Xorg -configure" command fails, complaining about "no devices". All
my attempts at a manual Xorg.conf file produce either a working
>> console,
>>with no TV output, or nothing at all (hangs during start-up)
>>
>>We've had no TV to watch for several days, and SWMBO is not very pleased!
>>   :)
>
> Some good news for the future - one of the devs has just done support
for VAAPI2, which should provide proper support for hardware
> deinterlacing using modern Intel GPUs.  It should be available in v30
when it is released.

I've been keeping an eye on this as with VAAPI I can't get frame rate
switching to work correctly - the playback video is always offset from the
top of the screen which is very frustrating.

Sadly at the moment I don't have spare HW to try out v30 on.