[mythtvnz] Kernel updates with TBS tuners -> HDHomeRun

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Nov 1 08:29:01 GMT 2018

Greetings all

I'm tired of hoops I seem to have to jump through when I do a kernel
update on my backend machine to accommodate the TBS6281 (DVB-T) and
TBS6982 (DVB-S) tuners I have.

The DVB-S tuner is redundant now so I'm looking to simplify the whole
setup with a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro for DVB-T only that can
sit next to the aerial feed and main Ethernet switch in the garage.

How do people who use them rate them? Do they need a huge amount of signal
to split 4 ways or is it handled more intelligently than that?

I assume 100Mb Ethernet would do but 1Gb would be better - any opinions on
the optimum setup?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks