[mythtvnz] 18.04 and mythtv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed May 9 10:46:38 BST 2018

On Wed, 9 May 2018 14:37:39 +1200, you wrote:

>On 8 May 2018 at 05:48, Karl <skooobie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow awesome. I think I might restart over again from scratch then. Cheers.
>>
>> On Mon, 7 May 2018, 22:24 Stephen Worthington, <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>> wrote:

>>> I have just done an Xubuntu 18.04 + MythTV 29+fixes install in
>>> VirtualBox using an IPTV tuner, and it all seems to be working, except
>>> EPG which I have not set up yet.  The only problem I had was getting
>>> the audio working, which required changing the virtual machine
>>> settings from AC97 to Intel HD emulation.  I even remembered to
>>> install MariaDB before installing MythTV so I did not get MySQL
>>> installed by default.

>Has anyone tried upgrading (MythBuntu) 16.04 to 18.04?
>Any horror stories or success stories?

The upgrade from 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS is not supported yet.  It
should come in about a month with 18.04.1.  You can force it if you
want to, but I would recommend waiting until it has been debugged.  If
you do want to upgrade at the moment, you should do it stepwise: 16.04
=> 16.10 => 17.04 => 17.10 => 18.04.  Which may not be possible as I
believe that 16.10 is no longer supported, but 16.04 LTS has been
supported and may have changes that do not upgrade to 16.10 now.  It
was like that for the 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS upgrade - people had
problems until it was properly supported with 16.04.1.