[mythtvnz] 18.04 and mythtv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 7 11:23:29 BST 2018

On Sun, 06 May 2018 09:31:53 +0000, you wrote:

>I can post some logs tomorrow. I've setup myth many times with no issues
>all under Ubuntu before. But bionic seems to have changed the field a
>little. Other than that and a bug with network not resuming after suspend
>waking it is a fantastic os. Super fast.

I have just done an Xubuntu 18.04 + MythTV 29+fixes install in
VirtualBox using an IPTV tuner, and it all seems to be working, except
EPG which I have not set up yet.  The only problem I had was getting
the audio working, which required changing the virtual machine
settings from AC97 to Intel HD emulation.  I even remembered to
install MariaDB before installing MythTV so I did not get MySQL
installed by default.