[mythtvnz] reasonably effective commercial detection silence.preset for NZ?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 7 03:16:33 BST 2018

On Mon, 7 May 2018 08:35:23 +1200, you wrote:

>On 06/05/18 20:16, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> I have
>> just given up and turned it off so as not to waste all the CPU cycles
>> and electricity it was using, as it never worked.
>Where do you turn it off?

Mythtv-setup > General > Job Queue (Backend-Specific) > Allow advert
detection jobs

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where
value='JobAllowCommFlag';
| value            | data | hostname |
| JobAllowCommFlag | 0    | mypvr    |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I also changed my recording templates to turn off the option in there
that creates the mythcommflag job, and used SQL to do the same in all
my recording rules.