[mythtvnz] Sky EPG problems

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jun 10 12:16:57 BST 2018

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:22:20 +1200, you wrote:

>> On 6/06/2018, at 23:05, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>>
>> As a temporary workaround, I am now running EPG collection at 10 past
>> and 20 to the hour, so that I can pick up the now/next EPG on the
>> affected channels.  That allows existing recording rules to work, but
>> without EPG for a longer period, creating new recording rules will be
>> very difficult.
>
>Thanks Stephen, I’ve added a similar precess to my machine in the meantime too.
>
>- Wade

It looks like there is full week EPG available in OpenTV format on
12519.  When I first looked at it, there was only one day available,
but it now has the full week for the affected channels I have looked
at.  OpenTV format EPG can be collected using EPG Collector (on
Windows, but may be able to be run using mono on Linux).  TVHeadend
also can do OpenTV, but the export option from TVHeadend does not seem
to export the full data available, just certain fields of it.

I am investigating further what is needed to use OpenTV EPG with
MythTV.  But I have also phoned Sky on Friday - I asked the helpdesk
person to please pass on a message to their engineers about the one
week EIT EPG going missing.  I hope they will be like most engineers I
know and want everything to be working properly, and fix it.