[mythtvnz] Sky EPG problems

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jun 4 13:32:11 BST 2018

My guide data is now showing nothing after midday Wednesday for a
number of Sky channels, including, for example, Discovery, C&I and BBC
Knowledge.  When I checked the EIT EPG data downloaded by epgsnoop
today for Discovery, there were only two listings.  So I re-ran
epgsnoop, but got the same thing again, but with two different
listings.  It seems that the EPG data I am getting is only now/next
data, rather than the full one week EPG.  I tried running epgsnoop on
three different transponders, but the result was the same on each. And
I also tried using EPG Collector in EIT mode, again with the same
result.

Then I tried EPG Collector using its OpenTV mode, and got a few more
programmes - about half a day.

My Sky decoder, of course, is showing a full EPG for a week out.

So, does anyone else have this problem?  If not, what transponder are
you getting your Sky EPG from, and how are you doing it?