[mythtvnz] Sky EPG problems

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jul 22 08:47:32 BST 2018

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 17:08:37 +1200, you wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 at 23:17 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:

>> >Thanks Stephen, I’ve added a similar precess to my machine in the
>> meantime too.
>> >
>> >- Wade
>>
>> It looks like there is full week EPG available in OpenTV format on
>> 12519.  When I first looked at it, there was only one day available,
>> but it now has the full week for the affected channels I have looked
>> at.  OpenTV format EPG can be collected using EPG Collector (on
>> Windows, but may be able to be run using mono on Linux).  TVHeadend
>> also can do OpenTV, but the export option from TVHeadend does not seem
>> to export the full data available, just certain fields of it.
>>
>> I am investigating further what is needed to use OpenTV EPG with
>> MythTV.  But I have also phoned Sky on Friday - I asked the helpdesk
>> person to please pass on a message to their engineers about the one
>> week EIT EPG going missing.  I hope they will be like most engineers I
>> know and want everything to be working properly, and fix it.
>>

>Has anyone come up with a better alternative to running EPG Collector on
>Windows for this?  I don't especially want to spool up a new Windows server
>just for this if I can avoid it.  And certainly not if the data collected
>is not consumable by Myth...

I have tv_grab_dvb_plus working reasonably well now for getting the
Sky OpenTV EPG data.  It gets the EPG data properly, but is not yet
getting all the channel names properly, so I am still working on that.
Anyone who would like a copy to try, please email me.  At the moment,
I think the only channels it is missing are some movie ones, but I
have not been able to track down exactly which channels it is missing
yet.  If anyone wants to help test and debug this, please email me off
list.  I can set up login access on my web server for downloading the
EPG data also, if anyone wants that.