[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu fails to start

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:45:03 GMT 2018

This morning I initially saw the same behaviour on both  the main system
drive and the clone system drive, but after several reboots while I was
retrieving some files with a live USB,  both system drives boot ok.

I have been getting myth frontend crash messages on startup in this
install but they always restart instantly (there is no interruption in
viewing).

And I saw a Mythwelcome crash today as well.

I have one further question: While I was trying to get this sorted I
tried to do a DB restore on the cloned drive with the following command:

mythconverg_restore.pl --directory /home/mythtv --filename
mythconverg-1214-20080626150513.sql.gz

With the appropriate changes for my setup.

I always got a command not found response. I tried from the home
directory and cd into the /usr/share/mythtv directory and tried to run
with sudo all with the same command not found response.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

It seems pointless to have DB backups if I can't restore them.

Cheers

Paul