[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu fails to start

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 06:53:45 GMT 2018

My Mythtv box has developed a problem.

There is no display and it appears that the desktop has not started.

I can boot a live USB (Boot Repair disk) and it runs fine.The hard
drives show no problems.

I've tried a monitor off another computer - same results.

The weird thing is that I have another cloned drive and it behaves the
same it sounds normal during boot up - like it is loading stuff into
memory etc.

I've tried to boot into recovery mode and to  boot earlier kernels.

I can use R-E-I-S-U-B command to reboot which indicates some parts of
the system is operational but perhaps XFCE isn't starting.

I'm resigned to retrieving the database backup and various modified
system files and  doing a re-install tomorrow - unless anyone has any
suggestions that might correct the situation.

I'll check form any replies tomorrow morning

Cheers

Paul