[mythtvnz] LIRC and mySKY / Pace TDS850NNZ

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Thu Sep 28 08:21:30 BST 2017

Sky disabled my old Pace DSR2000 decoder last night with a nice blue dialog box stating my decoder is old and needs replacing.  Today the friendly sky man came round with a mySKY HDi to replace it.  It’s a Pace TDS850NNZ and I can’t get it working with LIRC.
I’m using a Microsoft MCE USB receiver and it’s IR blaster. It worked great with the older box for the last 6+ years.

Has anyone else got a mySKY box working with their setup?

I’ve scoured the web looking for a lirc config files, and tried all 24 of the Pace files from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pace/

I’ve also tried using irrecord. It failed with the "something went worng” message and to try using -f

So I’ve tried

sudo irrecord -f --disable-namespace -d /dev/lirc0 test.conf

and created configs with raw codes. I’ve managed to create a config where the “2” button worked, but all the others were ignored (IR received LED just didn’t flash like it does with the real remote).

I’ve even tried setting up a harmony remote with the MySKY and using irrecord with that.  The Harmony remote will control the MySKY box, but the resulting config file won’t. 8(

What else can I try? Has anyone got a mySKY box working with LIRC, maybe with a different receiver/blaster setup?

 - Wade