[mythtvnz] Maori TV rescan in Christchurch (Sugarloaf)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Sep 27 05:39:12 BST 2017

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 00:38:18 +1300, you wrote:
>

>>> OK, tried that - only found 9 channels on channel 28. Then tried the
>>> existing transports again and this time Maori TV came up with a service
>>> ID
>>> of 1409 rather than the 1400 it had before.
>>>
>>> Still seems to be tuned to the old mux so no further forward :(

>>More info
>>
>>I see 99% signal strength on channels 28, 33, 37 & 39 but only 28 has a
>>lock and finds 9 channels.
>
> Those do not seem to be the correct channel numbers.  See here for a
> table of the channel numbers for all the TV transmitters:
>
> https://www.rsm.govt.nz/online-services-resources/pdf-and-documents-library/publications-and-guides/broadcasting/digital-television-channel-usage/table-of-digital-television-channel-useage
>
> If you are receiving from Sugarloaf, then you should be getting things
> on the same frequencies that I do from Wharite.  Those are the main
> frequencies used for the major transmitting sites around NZ except for
> Auckland.  The infill sites use the other frequencies.  So you should
> be seeing channels 28, 32, 34, 36 and 38.  Channel 38 is in the Maori
> spectrum allocation.

Thanks for all the input from everyone - got there in the end.

Had to manually scan at 530, 562, 578, 594 & 610MHz to get everything. I
can't find a way of adjusting the scan timeout and it appears to be too
short on this TBS6281 I'm using.

With the extra muxes, I guess I should fire up my HVR-2200 on DVB-T as I
don't use the analog part any more (no Sky for over a year!!) so no need
for the PAL patches. I recall that any kernel less than 3 years old will
drive it.

--
Robin Gilks