[mythtvnz] Apple TV 4th Gen with mythtv server

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Sep 25 03:01:02 BST 2017

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:38:55 +1300, you wrote:

>On 24/09/17 21:35, Rama Madhusudhan wrote:
>> Any idea about HD Home run connect, are they good ?
>
>I'm considering doing the same - have two DVB-S cards in a physical
>server, but looking to move to a new backend running as a VM in a pool.
>This would go badly using physical cards, but a network tuner would
>solve the problem.

Actually, you can network the physical tuners using minisatip or
tvheadend and SAT>IP protocol.  MythTV does not yet support doing
tuning using the SAT>IP protocol, but that might be coming in v30. But
I have been able to network my DVB-S2 tuners using minisatip and some
Python software I wrote to create the channel and iptv_channel table
entries I needed.  When I have some spare time, I am working on
generalising the Python a bit so that it will be able to be used by
other people too.  But I am not there yet.  Using minisatip allows me
to use the same tuners anywhere on my network, and also it does the
Sky TV decryption.