[mythtvnz] IPAddress change

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:48:21 BST 2017

Hi - I went through something similar and painful recently.  Took some
hours to get to the bottom of it.

The route cause was that my backend was no longer listening on port
6543.  "telnet <backend ip> 6543" from a frontend would not connect.
"sudo netstat -nlp | grep 6543" on the backend did not show the host was
listening.  The fix in the end for me was via Mythbuntu Control Centre,
going to MySQL Config and enabling the "Master BAckend Role" (well,
re-enabling it, because everything has worked perfectly before the IP
address changes).

I found plenty of posts suggesting the cause of the issue related to the
bind-address line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf however for me this did not
provide the fix until I found the above. I have my line set to the
backend IP address, NOT commented out, and from what I understand must
not be set to localhost or 127.0.0.1.

Hope this is helpful
Roger