[mythtvnz] Long delay when starting playback

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Thu Jun 22 03:21:00 BST 2017

Ooops!

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Austin Green <austin.green at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> Yes, the output device was set to 'PulseAudio:default'.
> I changed it to 'alsa:pulse' and set up the alsa default device to be
> 'pulse', and now the delay seems to have gone away.

Spoke too soon!  The delay is still there, sometimes up to 30 seconds.
Same message in the log about opening device 'default'; no errors reported.

I've had endless trouble setting up GNU/Linux audio to behave,
and it seems to be still not quite there.

Sounds as though PulseAudio may be the culprit, so I'd interested to hear from anyone
who has audio working nicely, with or without PulseAudio.