[mythtvnz] Mythbox fails to boot into mythbuntu after powercut

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 06:28:57 BST 2017

Hi All

I have run into a bit of a problem after a powercut.I was watching a
recorded program when the power went off.

When it came back on the system booted to a black screen after no more
than about 2 seconds of activity on the system drive.

I checked the settings for the UEFI boot and all seemed ok.I hit F10 to
reboot and it came up with the GRUB menu .I did this several
times,trying various kernels and modes but nothing helped.

I ran Boot Repair and that didn't help either. Here's the boot info file
URL http://paste.ubuntu.com/25051463/

Boot Repair did direct me to boot the system from
/EFI/ubuntu/shimx64.efi but I don't know how to select this.

Any help is much appreciated.

I'm currently running on any earlier installation on another drive.

-Paul