[mythtvnz] Updates for Dummies

Karl -skooobie skooobie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:08:20 BST 2016

I backed up and proceeded on Ubuntu 16.04 with the upgrade to 5.7 and
tested mythtv and all was good including the whole mythconverg database
conversion. But can't then day for sure on your mythbuntu.

5.7 came out rather quick and it's a big change from 5.5 and even 5.6 MySQL
versions so do be sure to back-up first super easy with clonezilla.

I can get into the command line mysql and check all tables okay. Running
the mythtv_optimise script also works okay.

So, in short, no issues so far.