[mythtvnz] 2 backends with 1 HDHomerun

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Fri Sep 9 11:07:27 BST 2016

On 09/09/16 09:04, Robert Fisher wrote:

No I haven't tried yet. Maybe this weekend. Depends on how long "The
List" is.
Well I tried it tonight. (MythBuntu 16.04.1 in VirtualBox)
Set up a bridged network connection then installed as normal.
Set up using EIT no problems.

  Had   Mythweb Fatal Error SQL Error: Expression #3 of SELECT...
<https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2325342>

but instead of applying the fix I found for my main backend installation
I did

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade and all was well.

My first use of this "test" backend was to compare EIT data to Schedules
Direct.

*My Conclusions:*

EIT was slightly easier to set up and does give 7 days of data

Hadley's grabber has more data than EIT

SD has much more data than EIT

I will stick with SD if it becomes permanent.

I will go back to tv_grab_nz-py from http://nice.net.nz/tv_grab_nz-py/
if we lose SD

(and I would offer to donate to Nice.net.nz)

--
Robert