[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:14:55 BST 2016

On 7 Sep 2016 09:04, "Robert Fisher" <robert at fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> On 6 September 2016 at 05:14, skooobie doo <skooobie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been reading these latest emails and was wondering if I am missing
something or missing out in something. I have never used grabbers as I find
the over the air option easy and always up to date. Am I missing something?

> Skoobie and I have traded screenshots and he now realises that there is
more info with Schedules Direct.
> He is going to try both SD and tv_grab_nz-py to form a more informed
opinion.

> For my part, I was quite impressed with the amount of info with the EIT.
>From what I read it was quite limited but the screenshots suggest otherwise.

I could never get EIT data working with DVB terrestrial in mythtv. I never
bothered with mhegsnoop, and tv_grab_nz-py is missing channels.

So, for me SD is a definite improvement over other options.