[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 23:27:13 BST 2016

On 06/09/16 02:32, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> [I work for Schedules Direct]
>
> I would like to make the metadata for programs that originate in the
> United States but are broadcast in NZ better. (The metadata for US
> programs typically contains a lot more information than what has been
> available in the past.)
>
> I don't know which channels/programs are the most popular in NZ, but I
> would like to concentrate on those first.

I expect Demographics to play a big part in determining a NZ wide top 10.

Off the top of my (ancient) head I would say the most popular channels are:
TV1 Prime Choice Tv3 Tv2

My Mythtv Top Ten stats are:

 	Channel     No Recorded Last Recorded
 1 	TV ONE 		8947 	September 5 2016
 2 	PRIME 		3036 	September 5 2016
 3 	TV3 		2492 	September 5 2016
 4 	TV3 PLUS1 	2213 	September 5 2016
 4	TV2 		1629 	September 3 2016
 6 	ChoiceTV 	1146 	September 5 2016
 7 	TV2+1 		 996 	August   18 2016
 8 	FOUR 		 877 	April    20 2016
 9 	TV ONE plus 1 	 428 	September 5 2016
10 	Al Jazeera 	 348 	September 4 2016

> If there's a "Top 10" for NZ I would appreciate a link. If not, then
> the mailing list is fine.

Lastly  I want to acknowledge the tremendous improvement I have seen in
the SD  data of recent days.  Big thanks to you and the team that is
supporting this project.

Regards

Tony Sauri