[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Sun Sep 4 22:29:33 BST 2016

Like many others, I have been happily using Hads' EPG grabber
()tv_grab_nz-py) with very few problems and would be happy to "donate to
the cause".

Now that some of us are trialling Schedules Direct I thought it might be a
good idea to start a thread to help us all make informed decisions about
which grabber to stick to.

I will start by saying that if the identified "bugs" are fixed I think I
will stay with SD as the Metadata looks great and it was fairly easy to set
up.

Perhaps we should list the "reported bugs" here and report back when they
are fixed?

I have logged a ticket for the problem with several daily shows like One
News, Newshub and Breakfast which do not have changing "episode-num" data
resulting in only one show being recorded and every day after that the note
says that it is already recorded.

--
Robert Fisher