[mythtvnz] Blank characters at start of titles in EPG

Adam Bennetts abennetts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:26:38 BST 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 17:44:04 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>These all have "All New " in front for me (using tv_grab_nz-py),
>>except possibly repeats which have the normal titles. I don't do any
>>post processing. Something isn't removing "All New" and not removing
>>the trailing space on your end?
>>
>>All New Dr. Ken
>>All New Mike & Molly
>>All New The Big Bang Theory
>>All New 2 Broke Girls
>>All New The Middle
>>
>>Duke has "New: " just to be different. And of course "New Girl" is valid.
>
> Where are you getting your EPG from?  The downloaded EPG does have
> processing to remove the "All New " bit, but I think it does not
> handle "All New: " and definitely does not handle "New: ".  What I
> have done is to do postprocessing on my database after
> mythfilldatabase has been run.  This is what I currently have in my
> epg_fixes.sh script:

epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz

I haven't touched this in a couple of years and may way well have
something out of date and/or missing, but if I download the XML and
take a look I see:

    <programme channel="tv2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv" start="20161018203000
+1300" stop="20161018210000 +1300">
        <title>All New The Middle</title>
        <sub-title>New Season</sub-title>
        <desc>S8 E1 Our favourite family from Orson, Indiana are back
for an 8th season! In the season premiere Frankie and Mike prepare to
meet April - the love of Axl's life.</desc>
        <episode-num system="dd_progid">10454729</episode-num>
        <subtitles type="teletext" />
        <rating system="Freeview">
            <value>PGR</value>
        </rating>

I've not seen "All New" get removed in the source.

> #!/bin/bash
>
> ##############################################################################
> # epg_fixes.sh

> select chanid,starttime,title,subtitle,programid from program where
> title like 'All New %';
> update program set title=substr(title,8) where title like 'All New %';

Shouldn't that be:

update program set title=substr(title,9) where title like 'All New %';

And another select and update for 'All New: %'? Not sure I've noticed
that syntax in the RPG but if not now then surely we'll see it in
time.

Thanks for the script, I'd been thinking about tidying up some of this myself.