[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu to cease development

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Mon Nov 7 22:17:15 GMT 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 07:20:15 +1300
Paul <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/11/16 20:21, criggie wrote:
> > On 07/11/16 12:02, Paul wrote:
> >> I'm curious as to what OS's list members are using other than Mythbuntu.
> >>
> >> Anyone using LinHES?
> >
> Judging from the replies,Mythbuntu users are a minority.
> Is the Mythtv install process onto a bare OS as involved as it seems to
> be implied?Or do you just install BE/FE packages and the set up is
> straight forward?Do the various scripts such as Mythwelcome,DBbackup etc
> have to be installed individually?

On Debian-derived systems, just installing the package 'mythtv' gets you the works. There are sub-packages if you want just FE or BE. I remember being slightly confused by the database package setup, questions could be better worded - ended up having to reset database passwords. Don't know about the scripts, don't use them.