[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu to cease development

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:20:15 GMT 2016

On 07/11/16 20:21, criggie wrote:
> On 07/11/16 12:02, Paul wrote:
>> I'm curious as to what OS's list members are using other than Mythbuntu.
>>
>> Anyone using LinHES?
>

> Pure vanilla original Debian.  Since 1998 on one host, with no
> reinstalls since then.
>
> The only reason I've reinstalled other machines is to go from 32 to 64
> bit.
>
> Why stuff about with what works ?
>

> --
> Criggie
>
> http://criggie.org.nz/

Judging from the replies,Mythbuntu users are a minority.
Is the Mythtv install process onto a bare OS as involved as it seems to
be implied?Or do you just install BE/FE packages and the set up is
straight forward?Do the various scripts such as Mythwelcome,DBbackup etc
have to be installed individually?