[mythtvnz] No sound from other applications

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Fri Nov 4 00:21:33 GMT 2016

On 4/11/2016 12:47 p.m., worik wrote:
> I am running linux 14.04, myth 0.27, a front end on a little acer PC I
> bought on this list, but I had the same problem with a Intel NuPC
>
> Mythtv runs fine, video and audio in HDMI, but I get no sound from firefox.
>
> Using the mixer I set sound out to HDMI/Pulse but noting I do makes any
> difference.
>
> What could be going on?
>
> Worik
This is possibly not a helpful answer (unless it saves you hours of
fruitless searching)

I had lots of problem with HDMI and non HDMI sound on a couple of
computers.  Different older versions of ubuntu and nvidia drivers
exhibited different levels of functionality with sound coming and going
after each 'upgrade', I gave up on it for a while and my desktop PC had
two sets of speakers, one plugged into the screen's audio output and the
other into the PC's audio output so sound worked in all apps.

Not sure when it all came right, possibly 15.xx, probably 16.04

Mark