[mythtvnz] Recommendations for a new DVB-T tuner? (Not HDHR)

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 30 05:58:43 BST 2016

> On Mon, 30 May 2016 12:02:27 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> What about the Leadtek Winfast DTV1000 S? PB Tech have these at a not
>> too horrific price.
> Not supported in Linux:
>
> https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Leadtek_WinFast_DTV1000_S

Ah yes, I did read that. However if you dig a bit deeper it looks like
the kernel driver does in fact support it as of about kernel 2.6.32
(from memory). I also have the required firmware (assuming current
hardware hasn't changed too much) and I have seen posts where others got
it working so I believe it definitely can be made to work in Linux. And
price is low enough that I would give it a go if that was the only
option and be prepared to take a loss if it didn't work. I think I will
go with the Elgato now.