[mythtvnz] Just sooo disgusted with Sky...

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Fri May 20 05:02:11 BST 2016

My frontends include 2 x FireTVs, 1 x Google Nexus Player and 1 x Intel NUC
with LibreELEC (and my Debian computer)

The LibreELEC box performs really well except that is a Kodi only device.
The Kodi addon for Netflix requires Chrome which is not in LibreELEC.

The other devices have both Kodi and NetFlix apps. Netflix performs well on
all of them but Kodi MythTV FF and Rewind are not good on the early AFTV or
the Nexus Player.

I should have tried, for interest, a Chromebook which I could have borrowed
from Nick before he moved over the hill.

Rob

On 20 May 2016 at 14:07, steve <steve at greengecko.co.nz> wrote:

> ... as I leave it to SWMBO to pay the bills, I've only just found out how
> much we're paying to re-re-re-watch the same old crap.
>
> So, looking to build up some PVR system to incorporate online / satellite
> services... no digital terrestrial here!
>
> I was looking to build up a backend - as I've got plenty of linux grunt
> and storage lying around, just not in the living room - and use a TBS6905
> card and a couple of dishes - Optus D1 and D2, along with Netflix etc.
> Comments on card choice?
>
> I was also wondering if you've ever need 4 tuners? Anyone got experience
> with this??? Will 2 be enough?
>
> I have a wee solidrun for the frontend, and will be using a harmony
> remote, from what I've read lately (:
>
> Pointers , personal experience / war stories gratefully received.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
>
> --
> Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP