[mythtvnz] Just sooo disgusted with Sky...

steve steve at greengecko.co.nz
Fri May 20 03:07:25 BST 2016

... as I leave it to SWMBO to pay the bills, I've only just found out
how much we're paying to re-re-re-watch the same old crap.

So, looking to build up some PVR system to incorporate online /
satellite services... no digital terrestrial here!

I was looking to build up a backend - as I've got plenty of linux grunt
and storage lying around, just not in the living room - and use a
TBS6905 card and a couple of dishes - Optus D1 and D2, along with
Netflix etc. Comments on card choice?

I was also wondering if you've ever need 4 tuners? Anyone got experience
with this??? Will 2 be enough?

I have a wee solidrun for the frontend, and will be using a harmony
remote, from what I've read lately (:

Pointers , personal experience / war stories gratefully received.

Cheers,

Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP
http://www.greengecko.co.nz
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveholdoway