[mythtvnz] Can scan channels but not tune...

worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:59:27 BST 2016

tl;dr my antenna connection was faulty

On 09/06/16 17:06, David Moore wrote:
> Not sure. Try the -h (or -H) option for human readable values.

femon -H

But it is complaining that "Resource temporarily unavailable"

The mythbackend is shutdown, lsof /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 reports
nothing and "me-tv --devices=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0" works. Happily
scanned and  puts picturs on th screen (no sound on my backend).

I suspect if I rebooted...  Some bug or obscure feature in femon

But this is all after I re-engineered the connection to the antenna.
Now I can get  TV clear  on one tuner and nothing or very distorted on
the  on the other.

The third tuner is not detedted.  But the problem we are discussing here
was due, IMO, to a faulty antenna connection

Thanks all and I will discuss adding tners in a new thread if I have to.
 I have seen it go by on the list...

Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
                          Aotearoa (New Zealand)
                             I voted for love