[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:53:05 BST 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on a new install of mythbuntu 16.04.I have my previous install
of 12.04 on another drive.Both systems use the same 1TB storage.I restored
the db backup from 12.04 onto 16.04 and everything looks correct,I
carefully confirmed this against the 12.04 settings.On 16.04 I can watch
recordings and videos.I can also do channel scans with no apparent errors.

If I try live tv I get a message saying all tuners are busy.If I try to
record a program in the guide I get a "recorder off_line" message.In the
Information menu section all tuners show "error".

The tuners are a Haupauge 2200 and a HDHR and using HDHR config GUI and
Me-TV I have confirm the tuners are working.

Mythbackend.log has a lot of these errors:

Jul 29 11:58:03 myth mythbackend: mythbackend[2547]: E ProcessRequest
mainserver.cpp:4718 (HandleRemoteEncoder) MainServer:
HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 46

Also,this may be totally unrelated, the directories and files on the
storage drive (/var/lib/mythtv) all had the owner and group listed as ntp.
I changed this to  owner: mythtv ;group:mythtv in accordance with what the
12.04 install has. I was getting "unable to create file
"var/lib/mythtv/recordings/.test" directory is not writable" messages on
startup.Changing the owner to mythtv eliminated these.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

-Paul