[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 16.04 user experiences

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Thu Jul 21 07:35:02 BST 2016

> On 21/07/2016, at 5:37 PM, Robert Fisher <robert at fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>
> No I do not think that is what I need.
> The old recordings are still in the location where the new ones are going.
> MythTV and MythWeb only show the new recordings so I was wondering if there is a way for MythTV to recognise the old ones.

That will identify the files that are not in your recordings list. Useful as part of the cleanup.

I believe the recommended process is to add these orphaned files to MythVideo.  You won’t have any metadata or the ability to delete them once watched, but you will be able to watch them.

You could restore the database from one of the backups?  I know I have mysql backups of mythconverg in one of my recordings storage groups, so maybe you do too and they survived your upgrade.

 - Wade