[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 16.04 user experiences

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Wed Jul 20 09:57:40 BST 2016

On 20/07/16 10:07, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:00 AM, worik <worik.stanton at gmail.com
> <mailto:worik.stanton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 18/07/16 13:07, Paulgir wrote:
>     > Hi All
>     >
>     > Those who have already updated to Mythbuntu 16.04,how is it going?I
>     > noted that people where experiencing problems,initially.
>     > I'm thinking of upgrading when 16.04.1 comes out shortly.
>
>     I am more interested in reasons to change.  I am on 14.04 with 0.27

Well I went back and did a fresh installation of MythBuntu 16.04 and I
think that I am nearly there.
Certainly not as easy as 14.04 though.

I can play, pause, FF etc. live TV from my Kodi frontend and also record
from the frontend.

The EPG does not seem to be fully populated even though mythfilldatabase
runs with no errors.

My main problem now is with mythweb.
Backend status seems OK.

"Listings" gives this error.......

    Fatal Error

!!NoTrans: SQL Error: Expression #3 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY
clause and contains nonaggregated column 'mythconverg.program.endtime'
which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this
is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [#1055]!!

"Recorded programs" gives this (very similar) error.....

    Fatal Error

!!NoTrans: SQL Error: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY
clause and contains nonaggregated column
'mythconverg.recordedmarkup.data' which is not functionally dependent on
columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with
sql_mode=only_full_group_by [#1055]!!

This makes no sense to me but I do wonder if it is related to the fact
that with this installation I was not asked for the database password.
The database configuration page which I got with my 14.04 installation
did not come up at all. (I did select "backend only" installation this
time though)

If none of you can help me I think I will reinstall 14.04

--
Robert