[mythtvnz] HDHomeRun reception issues

Rob Connolly rob at webworxshop.com
Tue Jul 12 10:00:38 BST 2016

Hi All,

I'm having some major reception issues since getting my HDHomeRun. I've
spoken to Silicondust support (actually about a software issue
initially), who ended up replacing the unit. The distributer reported
that they were unable to reproduce my issues with the returned unit, but
replaced it anyway. I received the replacement yesterday and installed
it last night. Todays recordings show the same issues.

This sequence of events coupled with the fact that recordings via my
Haupaugge card are perfect leads me to believe that the HDHR must be
somewhat more sensitive to reception issues (the problem with the
Haupaugge card is that the second tuner no longer works, hence the
HDHR). Note that I've not been using a splitter between the two inputs,
just moving the cable to try both.

Does anyone have any advice for troubleshooting this? If it's of any
relevance my Myth version is 0.27.5 (perhaps worth an upgrade?).

Thanks in advance,

Rob Connolly