[mythtvnz] Rescan, now can't play LiveTV

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:47:34 BST 2016

*Mumble* Stooopid HGTV and Bravo channels....grumble...."making" me do
a full re-scan...*moan*....now liveTV ("Watch TV") isn't working...

As above, with this month's new FreeviewHD channels Bravo and HGTV
(until they fold / are replaced by even crappier channels next month)
I foolishly did a full rescan and now liveTV doesn't work i.e.
selecting 'Watch TV' results in nothing, with a terminal error that
LiveTV window couldn't be opened.

I haven't touched or altered any storage directory locations or permissions.

It's always confused me how after a scan there are multiple versions
of the same channels, which conflict, and multiple unassigned
channels.

Have tried deleting the input source ("FreeviewHD") and starting
afresh in mythtv-setup, but although the channels are found on a
rescan, and have the correct names and channel numbers and service
ID's, still no live TV.

Am in Palmerston North, using Whārite transmitter, if that's helpful info.